This town, which has been inhabited since ancient times, is situated on the north-eastern border of the Balaton Uplands and the northern border of Mezőföld, south of the Bakony Hills, in the valley of the Séd Brook. This small settlement is surrounded by a number of legends: King Géza II visited this place several times. On one occasion, he lost his signet made of tin and zinc, which, surviving the storms of history, was later found at the beginning of the 1800s. Now it is displayed in the National Museum. In the Middle Ages, the town was given the status of a market town: weekly markets were organised here. Interestingly enough, a parliamentary session was held here in 1532. At the beginning of the 20th century, the town witnessed quick industrial development with the chemical industry being its main driving force. Today a number of artistic groups take care of the colourful cultural heritage of the settlement. There are several internationally-renowned painters and wood carvers living and working here.
How to come here
Berhida is located south-west of Várpalota and south-east of Veszprém. The settlement is easily accessible on road 8 or motorway M7. It does not have a railway station, however, you can easily reach it by bus and coach.
Római Katolikus Templom; Szent István király szobra
Contact of the local government
Common Local Government Office of Berhida
Tel.: +36 88/585-621